Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Devil's Advocate


Jude 1:18-23

New International Version (NIV)
18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

I started the bible study in the building. All I can say right now is-poor me! The OBC-short for Old Biddies Committee came out. Not to support me, but to "see what I know." True to the of nature of one, I was mocked ridiculed and tried  to be made to look like a fool. However true to Abba's nature I was warned, prepared and full of grace and truth. What the OBC didn't realize is-it's not I, but the one who sent me. For over a week he prepared me. The Holy Spirit is at work in me, what was being said rolled off my back. The whole time I was speaking this one woman(the bossy one of the OBC) refused to stop talking. However, the Holy Spirit convicted the hearts that heard his word. I have to admit I was surprised at the hearts that were convicted. The lady I call Ms. Nosy responded to the word of God. The Lord gave me the grace to see whose hearts were convicted. He never cease to amaze me.

To be honest, I knew something was going on during the time I was teaching, I just wasn't sure what it was. Things were different for me this time. My flesh didn't get in the way, and get offended. For a week Abba gave me instructions. What to say, were to find it, what to eat, when to fast, pray and study. I was convicted by His words myself. He told me, it's His work and I have to yield everything to Him. I taught out of the 12 Chapter of Hebrews. It took over a day afterward for me to realize what was going on during the teaching, the bossy one was actually pulling on my spirit. Something in her wanted to stop me. She didn't want to hear what I was saying.

Yesterday, several of the woman that showed up for the bible study were in the hallway. As I walked up on them the bossy one let me know they were talking about me. I said I hope it was nice. She asked me if I had a minute she had something to show me. Even though I was on my way for an evening walk I said."Okay, but can we make it quick, I want to walk before it gets dark. I walked to her apartment, mostly out of respect for her age. Unfortunately she wasn't through with me, how dare I preach on the root of bitterness. She told me my message didn't make any sense, I was shouting and impatient and I should conduct myself better. She offered me some teaching tools from he  bible studies at church. She told me I need to go to school to be a theologian before attempting to teach the word of God. She did everything in her power to discredit every word I spoke, and me personally. I graciously asked her if it was alright if I got back with her after my walk. She said, "yes but, I should hurry up," because she didn't "have all night."

I walked away and went on my prayer walk. I asked Abba to give me what he wanted to say to her. He told me not to lean unto my own understanding, but to acknowledge him. I did just that. This is what he had me to say to her.

I told her "I thank you for the books, but I say what God tells me to say. If these book were effective than the church wouldn't be full of bitterness, gossip, slander, hypocrisy and apostasy." I told her I was never once impatient and if I was talking to loud it was only because I had to talk over her. I told her about the things God showed me a couple of years ago. How only a third of the church would make it, if we don't turn to Him with our whole hearts. I told her I'm not confused as to who I work for. She went on to say, well the bible says a child will lead you and that she knows she's to play the "devil's advocate." Her whole conversation got confusing after a few minutes.

After our conversation was over I talked to my sister Claudia. She said I didn't make a friend with those words. I told her I spoke the words Abba gave me. I used to let people like her intimidate me. Abba told me he would make me a sharp instrument with teeth. I guess he has. It's time-out for letting man intimidate us or silence the voice of the Spirit within us. Abba is showing me that we must have an attitude of NO compromise. Last night he gave me the scripture I started this blog post with. The part of being merciful to those who don't believe, I know pertains to her. I pray for the grace to love even in the face of ridicule. I know without love we miss the mark. I can't compromise the word or love. 

Pray for me

Fearless

No comments: