Friday, December 31, 2010

What I learned in 2010














For wisdom is better than rubies; And all the things that may be desired are not to be compared unto it.



Each year that passes teaches me a a little more about God, life, love and my own human weakness and frailties. I look in the mirror and what I see is a middle-age woman staring back at me. I see more frown lines and wrinkles, more gray hair. I mourn the demise of my youth. With age comes wisdom probably to compensate for the eradication of youth's beauty. I have more years behind me then in front of me. I cry less and laugh more. I wear reading glasses yet I see people clearer. I listen more and hear between the lines. I think in parables and riddles. I realize outward beauty is fleeing, inward beauty is eternal.

This is what I learned:
God controls all the days of your life.
Everyone wants to be loved but most don't know how to be.
People that need love the most are the most difficult to love.
If someone wants to control you they can't control themselves.
Belly fat is hard to get rid of.
Make-up enhances but doesn't change.
Obsession poses as love.
I can be alone and not lonely.
God does perform miracles.
Everything you do for God is eternal.
Self-deception has an unlimited capacity.
You can't be everybody's friend nor anyone's enemy.
I received 365 mornings of new tender mercies.


Fearless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your website.. Great colors & theme.
Did you create this website yourself? Please reply back as
I'm hoping to create my own site and would love to find out where you
got this from or just what the theme is called. Kudos!

Take a look at my homepage :: Binäre Optionen handeln