Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Florida Adventure

I'm in Florida. I have spent a couple of days getting reacquainted with the beach. I met up with one of my dearest friends Wendy. She moved from Florida to Boston a year before I left Florida. She visited me right before I was leaving to moved to Lexington. We sit at a restaurant named The Ocean Deck. On the Door it says. "No Ragamuffins or Cry Babies." I would have missed the fact that I wasn't allowed, being both ragamuffin and cry baby, but Wendy stopped me from entering. She looked at me and pointed to the sign and said, "Carlean you're not allowed." I told her it was blatant discrimination, I threaten to call a lawyer and sue. They must have heard my threat from the other side of the doors, because I got in without any trouble. The Maitre D laughed at me when I expressed my displeasure when he was seating us. Our favorite spot has always been the deck overlooking the Atlantic ocean. On the deck we usually eat coconut shrimp and a drink mojitos or margaritas. Abba said not to be drunk I don't think he begrudges us a drink. If you know you can't take a drink without getting drunk it's probably best not to touch it. Wendy always says, "We have a good life, don't we?" I will say."The best."

She live in an apartment on the beach in Boston. The day of the Boston Marathon bombing she called me before I could call her to let me know she's alright. Her friendship is one of the greatest blessing of my life. I love her like a sister. So, when she called and asked me to meet her in Florida. I did, even though my resources are limited and I have no idea when and how I will get home. My sister in law Lena is with me. Her and my brother are having problems at home. She needed to get away from her situation and breath. Her funds are limited as well. I told her and Wendy we're going top rename our trip. It's not a vacation. On vacation you plan ahead for lounging/sights to see/things to do. I call our trip an adventure and a faith trip. So far it has been great. We're camped out at Wendy's daughters home. They had a condo build in St. Augustine. It's beautiful. They have taken us to the best restaurants and to the beach. It's day four and we're really tried and old. Wendy has been sick and even though we talk on a regular basis, she has failed to tell me. I asked her why didn't she tell me she's sick,she said she didn't want to worry me. I don't know why it is that when we get sick we feel the need to protect the mental health of our love ones. I told her I would be fine, but I need to know what to pray for concerning her.

One of her daughters has a whole long day planned for us tomorrow, which include a trip to Ripley"s Believe it or not, a train ride, a zipline across a crocodile pond (which I adamantly refuse to do) and several other adventures. I don't have a clue what's going to happen. I do know we're off to a great start. Faith is blind and sometimes a whole lot of fun. Wendy and I just want to sit on the deck of the beach and reflex on how awesome our life is.

Fearless
(ziplining across crocodiles is foolish NOT Fearless)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
I came to check it out. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be
tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and amazing style and design.



my webpage ... o biurach projektowych ()

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a good time. And I'm sueing that establishment on behalf of ragamuffins and cry babies everywhere.

Anonymous said...

:)

D j w said...

So glad you got to visit the place I've been going to for 40 years, ocean deck is one of the best . See you there in March 2019 Wings & Co.