Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Cold Case Crazies.

It is true! The mind really is a terrible thing to waste. Not only is it a terrible thing to waste it's full of dramatic crazies. Or at least mine is. Yesterday me , my mother and my sister Karen went to the mall then out to lunch and from the restaurant we went back to my sisters house. I had made a mistake(or not) and overate. Over-eating for me makes me uncomfortable. So when we got back to my sister house I went to sleep. I slept for a couple of hours by mistake(or not).

My bother in law is opening a restaurant next week and asked me to be his interior decorator. I like colors and textures and spending others people's money so I said, "Yes." I had a great time in the last few weeks, picking themes, colors, designs, frames, etc. Since the walls are all different colors I let my imagination go vagabond. Everyone around loved my ideas.

Well, yesterday evening after I finally woke up still a little food groggily. My bother-in-law Alvin asked me if I was ready to go work on my "project." At first I said, "NO" but I felt bad that I made the commitment and did the easy part (shopped) and had not gotten around to actually doing the work. Very reluctantly I agree to go and do the work. Did I mention I am doing it for free?

We go to his newly leased building with wall art, theme supplies, tool box, three miniature terriers named Cody, Bella,and JoJo. As we pull up there is a car with the flashers on and Alvin says he wonders why that car has been there all day; he knows it belongs to a white lady that either lives or works near by because he sees her often. We go into the building still unsure.

Alvin is in the kitchen doing some last minute paint touch up and cleaning while I'm in the dining area working. I decided I should start by hanging the pictures. He hands me an hand held electrical drill some screws and brackets than he walks back into the kitchen. I have never in my life used a electric drill and it looks as if it would drill holes in my fingers. I would usually hire someone to do anything that required any tools beside a hammer or Phillips screw-driver. I stand where he left me armed and dangerous, wondering what I was suppose to do. So I call to Alvin and say, "Alvin, I never used a drill before." He comes back into the dining area and shows me how it works and it looked easy enough, but alias, I have yet another problem. I'm in desperate need of a measuring tape. There's nothing worse to the eye than a crooked frame. Then the unthinkable happens...

Alvin walks out the door with Bella, Cody and Jojo following behind him. He tells me to lock the door. I ask where he's going and he says he's going to his friends house up the street to borrow a measuring tape. It's about 10:00 at night and his restaurant is located in a business area and it's dark and spooky 10:00 at night. I lock the door and that's when the whole diabolical plot registers in my brain. Alvin must have some kind of secret insurance policy and he's setting me up to be murdered. First he hands me the drill, a weapon of mass destruction in my hands, then he leaves me alone in a empty restaurant awaiting the hired killers. Or worse he's really did want to get a measuring tape but the kidnappers of the white woman whose car is left on the side of the road is still in the vicinity and they watched as Alvin left me alone, now I will be their next victim. Me and the white woman sisters victims fighting together, dying together in a blood bath and my finger would have holes drilled in them (From my attempt at using a drill). I hear the voice of Bill Kurtis as they air the story of our demise on Cold Case Files. "And the case goes cold," he'll say in his all to familiar voice.

By this time my mind is in a complete panic, I call my sister and whine. "Alvin left me all alone in this empty building and he even took the dogs. You know I watched Cold Case Files." She asked me one simple question, "Why didn't you go with him?" I didn't know what to say to her. Should I tell her because he handed me a drill and at the time I was more worried about my fingers? And now I have the Cold Case Crazies? So I ignored the question and continued whining, "I came here to help him and he just left me." She said what any other big sister would say, just make sure the doors are locked. I knew she would call him and tell him to get back to me...and she did just that.

Five minutes later I heard him pull up. He came right back without a measuring tape. He said he told my sister he had to get back to me since I was so afraid someone would rob me (I let him believe that, I see no reason he should know about the Cold Case Crazies). He also said Karen and I were the scariest women he knew and we loved the Lord so much yet were afraid to die to be with him. I told him I'm not afraid of dying, if I were I wouldn't be learning how to use a drill.

I did get the decorating almost completed and it looks really good for an amateur. I find out that my white sister victim is only the victim of car trouble. And all is well. I have swore off of Cold Case Files for now or I will have to change my name from...

Fearless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

hehehe :)