Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I need to pray

My prayer life has been off lately (since I've been working at the restaurant). I came to Chattanooga a fireball of prayer, Now I'm a smothering wick. I used to get up at 6:00 am and pray for a couple of hours. Now I sleep until the very last minute and I barely talk to our Father at all. It's not that I don't think about him and talk about him constantly(I really do) but what kind of relationship do you have if you never communicate?

I had gotten like this once(or hundred times) before. Lack of prayer really will make you weak in the spirit; like a lack of food will make you weak in the body. The Lord spoke to me during that one time, he said "Why do you think about me and not talk to me?" I told him it was creepy when he read my mind, he he told me it was creepy for me to think about him and not talk to him.

Once again I'm the creepy one. I don't like the way I feel when my prayer life is off. I'm usually easily annoyed and one step away from spouting out four letter words that would make the devil blush. I don't like the feeling of spiritual hunger. I have a block and I can't seem to break it. I have friends that our prayer warriors, when they call me and tell me they can't pray I'll start praying. It works every time! There's no one here to help me; no phone calls. Just this uncomfortable longing; this feeling of something vital missing.

HELP!