Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Procrastination cure

"Procrastination is opportunity's natural assassin." ~Victor Kiam

Okay, I'm looking for a natural cure for procrastination. I've been taking online classes for Christian Counseling. I have only two more months to go before graduating with a B.S.

The problem is the school adminstrator knows me all to well. I'm the person that always calling in because my homework is late. I feel so bad at my lack of discipline. I procrastinate to the point of wanting to change my major to something easy; something I'm good at, like cuticle removal or daydreaming. Unfortunately these major don't exist.

I spend way too much of my time putting off until tomorrow. I learned that it's true tomorrow never comes. I'm looking for the cure to procrastination. I have tried prayer, I tried making myself sick with guilt. I tried filling my life with other stuff to do to use as an excuse, but this nagging sensation of not accomplishing my goal will not go away.

I know I need the degree in order to start the ministry. I dreamed there was a group of women waiting for me to feed them. I knew in my heart that my dream was God letting me know there is a ministry waiting for me. I had convinced myself I was waiting on God. It hard to face your own short-coming. I'm the hold up. The harvest is plenty but the laborers are few.

How do you learn discipline? is there any life changing advise one can give that will light a fire under me? I'm deeply disturbed by my lackadaisical attitude. I love God and want to present my body a living sacrifice. I keep falling short.

Fearless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

: )

EdenHeaj said...

If you feel as I've been feeling that this issue is getting you down in your walk with God (I don't see how it wouldn't because time is the main thing God gives us to steward and if we don't do this well we get into a cycle of guilt as you said) I'd like to recommend a book I am reading at the moment:

Spiritual Depression by Martyn Lloyd Jones. The title may seem unrelated to your issues but it is the best book on renewing your mind in light of the truth I've read so far. I would say you definitely need to start the process of a constant overhaul of your current mindset. Once you make headway with this you could start looking at practical ways to battle the enemy in this area.

I hope you get going and rediscover joy and peace in God. There are more people like you out there all battling with the same thing, so take heart!

Fearless said...

Thanks Inkburst, I'm going to buy the book as I'm always looking for a good read. I have come to realize that most of my spiritual battles begin in my mind. A renewing is always a good idea.