Saturday, April 13, 2013

High Things


2Cor 10:4  For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds,
2Cor 10:5  pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;

Lately the Holy Spirit has been teaching me about strongholds. Of course me being the detail needing-question asking person I've always been. I looked up the word stronghold in the Thayer Greek Definitions Dictionary, I sometimes like their definition better than Strong Dictionary, that's just my own personal preference. This is their definition:  
ochurōma
Thayer Definition:
1) a castle, stronghold, fortress, fastness
2) anything on which one relies
2a) of the arguments and reasonings by which a disputant endeavours to fortify his opinion and defend it against his opponent.

It's basically a belief or system of beliefs that we hold on to, argue about, reason, hold ourselves prisoner to, rely on, and refuse to give up even though it exalts itself over the knowledge of God. I asked Abba to show me how strongholds work. I fell asleep soon after asking Him to show me how stronghold work. This is what I dreamed.
 I was with a friend and I went shopping for tools to build my house. I went to the mall three times and each time I got a new tool. I was the proud owner of brand new tools to build me a house. Each new tools was perfect to me. I had begun to work on my house when all of sudden I had a strong urge to do drugs. I knew the thoughts were crazy and harmful, but the desire was so strong I decided to look for drugs. Now me being an ex drug user I knew how dangerous the desires were, but still I wanted it. I realized I didn't know anyone that knew where to get drugs, so I went back to people I knew that still used drugs. My friend was with me and He keep trying to reason with me, but I keep telling Him I would only do drugs once and I could handle it. The thought of using drugs began to consume me. The more I reasoned the more I desired. Finally my friend gave me drugs. As soon as I did the drugs I realized I didn't want them nor did I need them. My friend asked me if I was happy now that I had drugs, I said, No. He asked what I would do now, and why did I do the drugs? I didn't have a physical need for drugs. I said get more drugs, He asked me with what? Since I didn't have anything accept my tools. I told him I would sale my tools. Then I woke up.

This is what I got out of the dream. As long as I believe there was something I needed or as long as I reasoned/ relied on and desired things that were no good for me, I would give in to my belief system. The tools were the things I truly need in order to live godly. I noticed how it was three tools, I think that represented the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit and/or Grace, The Blood of Jesus and Keys to the Kingdom. Lately I have asked about healing and deliverance. My friend was Jesus, he allowed me to have what I wanted because I refused His wisdom. Yet, he never left me, however giving into those desires would cost me everything I need to build my house. I would willingly give up my tools.

 Why is the body of Christ sick and full of addictions and let's face it, demons? He said it's strongholds. Us refusing to let go of our ungodly beliefs. If you believe the doctors are wiser than the scriptures, then you will believe God is unable to heal. Some Christian will argue that depression is a real clinical problem instead of a soul issue. Don't get me wrong I know anyone suffering depression really feels that darkness and despair. I challenge the origin of it. If God promise joy, than were does despair come from? I remember hopelessness and despair it used to be my constant companions. But the stronger man came and set me free.

Jesus told it in the parable of the strong man and stronger man after the pharisees accused him of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebul. He said the stronger man must first bind the strong man and take his spoil. The stronger man is IN us. He gave us the Keys, whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven. Why can't we hold that truth? God is who he says He is. There is only two kind of people in this world, believers and nonbelievers. I believe he can heal, I believe he can deliver, I believe my sins are covered, I believe that greater works shall I do. It's time to renounce all those strongholds that make us rely on the world and the ways of the world for anything. It's not in a job, a doctor, wisdom of this world-which is foolishness to God or self-reliance. Our lives are in His hands. I asked God to make me a fool for Him like Paul and Peter. I didn't realize that meant going against the core of what we have come to believe. He told me if I would believe His word he will show me great and wonderful things. Dare to believe with me. Forget about the past, where you may have believed for someone's healing and they died or any unanswered prayer. Dare to believe He heals the sick and raises the dead, cast out demons, and saves the lost. Get rid of those strongholds that exalts itself over the knowledge of God.

Get over those high things. Dare to arise in the power and authority He has given us. Don't sale your tools for something that has no substance.

Fearless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on
this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site.
Studying this information So i'm satisfied to exhibit that I've a very just right uncanny
feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot certainly
will make certain to do not fail to remember this web
site and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

My blog post: waist to height ratio ranges