Friday, October 19, 2012

Hope and New Mercies


Lam 3:21  This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion fail not.
Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lam 3:24  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

I woke this morning to new compassion and more mercy. Today my heart is singing, "Holy is the Lord God Almighty." I'm so in love with Him. I'm in love like a joyfully giddy schoolgirl. He really is my first love.

Yesterday as I was praying, I decided to just worship the Lord for all that He is. As I prayed His ways just got greater, more wonderful, beyond awesome as I thought on Him. I had no words that I could describe Him. My vocabulary is to limited. I thought back on his unlimited mercy toward me.

I have been calling friends whom I know know can shake the heavens with their prayers. The problem with this is that it's always a struggle to get them to pray. I started thinking on the many insane conversations I have with them before the prayer can go up. One has a problem praying if she sees the people or person as sinful, one is prejudice and doesn't realize it because I'm black and her friend, one is more focused on preaching to her messy husband because she feels like the righteous one, and I sometimes get self-centered and unworthy; I miss the High Call of God in Christ Jesus. One by one Abba started showing me our sin. It's mostly self-righteousness which is pride. Yet he hears our prayer. He allow us to come to his Throne of Grace.

It's easy to forget that those we have been called to pray for are just like us, born in sin and shaped in iniquity. As soon as God start using you that subtle deception of pride always tries to sneak in the back door on you. I told them all that we are prayer warrior not judges. How did we manage to forget where we came from? That kind of makes us the worse kind of hypocrites. I prayed and called us out on our sins. I renounced them one by one as God showed them to me. Pride and deception has no place in our prayer circle. I just focused on the LORD'S mercies and compassion toward us. They are new every morning. We didn't get consumed! Sometimes we're just wretched and awful,  and those are the times we feel righteous. I don't know if they got mad at my prayer or not. It really doesn't matter. I know they love the LORD, and me, and will get over it. I'm just glad for new mercies. Thinking on His mercy gives us hope.

Thinking on His mercy today is overwhelming my heart with love for Him. I love Abba!

Fearless


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

For some reason my :) posted twice.