Sunday, October 28, 2012

Salt and Light




Mat 5:13  You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its savor, with what shall it be salted? It is no longer good for anything, but to be thrown out and to be trodden underfoot by men.
Mat 5:14  You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Mat 5:15  Nor do men light a lamp and put it under the grain-measure, but on a lampstand. And it gives light to all who are in the house.
Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.
Late night as I lay half awake thinking of givers and takers. The Lord spoke to me these two words, Salt and Light. I'm not shocked by His words. Yesterday as I was writing about the givers and the takers I had no closure. The lesson seemed to haunt me. Mainly, because I didn't have a clue how to deal with the whole issue. It was like having homework and never quite understanding the lesson. Do I continue to give? Do I rebuke the takers? Do I stop giving? What do you expect of me Abba? I had many unanswered question.

Two little words. I have to be salt and light. No matter what anyone else does, I have to forgive seven times seventy times a day. I can't let my light hide or my salt lose it's savor. Takers have to see my light regardless of the circumstances. Takers need light to see their way out of the darkness. Abba told me people are watching me and that I'm a light to many. That was a scary thought. I can never understand why He trust me so much. I realized that even though people hurt you when they're being selfish, insensitive, and greedy they're still worthy of unconditional love. Was I putting conditions or expectation on them?

How can they ever change if they can't see in the dark? They will remain blind without light. The same with salt. Jesus said we are the salt of the earth. Salt does much more then savor meat, it was used as a preservative in ancient Greek and considered divine. We may read that scripture and think about our little salt shakers in the kitchen, but it goes deeper then that. We are called to preserve the earth and light the world. I have a responsibility in this life to the givers and the takers. Mostly I have a responsibility to Abba.

What would salt and light do in any situation? Shine and savor, radiate and preserve. It all hangs on love...Everything. Lets Glorify our Father!

Fearless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are writing more. Your thoughts and words have a way of making me feel good, I'm sure others feel the same even if they don't leave a comment telling you so. Your thought's and words touch me in many ways sometimes. Some have even changed my way of thinking and actions. You are one soul among many I shall never forget. I still believe you are a real ANGEL on earth. A+..... :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I met you when I did and the way I did, but I do know I am glad that I did. I don't know you at all but I am proud to know you as I do. :) You have earned a (Forever) place in my heart. :)