Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nothing Wavering



 1:2  Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you are involved in various trials,
Jas 1:3  because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Jas 1:4  But you must let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
Jas 1:5  Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to everyone generously without a rebuke, and it will be given to him.
Jas 1:6  But he must ask in faith, without any doubts, for the one who has doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
Jas 1:7  Such a person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
Jas 1:8  He is a double-minded man, unstable in all he undertakes.


Lately, I have run face to face with lack of faith. Not only my own, but a lot of other people. I don't know maybe the Lord wanted me to see this. That's how he deals with me. He's a God that can show you as he teaches us. I see why it's important to die daily. Everything has a price, every decision we make in life. If we decide to put our focus on ourselves; it cost us our faith, and ultimately our joy and/or blessings.

I did get the financial release that I have been praying for. It was a struggle in the midst of the process to hold on to my faith. I had to fight for my faith many nights, I begged people to pray me through. I learned that when you are in the midst of  a trial, we have to be like Jacob and refuse to let go of the Lord until he blesses us.We have to wrestle with God.  I had to dismiss every doubt that tried to spring up in my heart. One well meaning friend said, maybe God doesn't want this for you. I quickly rebuked that. I know the voice of the enemy, it tries to make you waver and doubt in prayer. James said if we waver in our prayer we should not expect anything from our God.

I pray for wisdom all the time, what I forget to do sometime is pray before I make a decision. I have walked into many lion dens and snake pits. However this time I did pray. At first I couldn't understand why my friend say it's might not the will of God for me. It is not immoral or illegal, it's a blessing! Why would it not be God's will? Why would God withhold a good thing from me. That's like someone saying it's not God's will to heal us. Yes it is! Jesus died for our healing. It's part of his grace and mercy. I don't doubt He desires to heal us. I think we spend to much time doubting our prayers. Even Jesus couldn't perform miracles in his hometown because of their unbelief.

A couple of prayer partners of mine one told me they didn't pray for healing because they prayed for it before and the people didn't get healed. The other told me prayer was a waste of time, she prayed and believed and God didn't do what she asked. I don't know why this happens sometimes, I do know it shouldn't make us doubt God's desire to heal or give. I asked the first one did she go lay hands on the person. She said no.  Maybe we should do it the way God said, knowing He is able to do what he says he'll do. He desires our trust. Trust says in the simplest term, I am your child and I know you are for me. It's childlike faith.  I know I want to see more healing take place, so I started asking more people if I could pray for them. I ask strangers in the mall, at the corner market. I decided to let go of embarrassment and fear. And you know what happened? God started healing them.

Two week ago my neighbor was in pain. He has suffered with this pain in his ribs for over twenty years; since an automobile accident. I asked him if I could pray for him. He said yes. I prayed for him. Today two weeks later he told me he hasn't had any pain in his ribs since. I know God healed him, because as I laid hands on his ribs, my hands felt as if they were on fire. My neighbor felt the heat. He's amazed that after twenty years the pain is gone. I'm not, I believe my Abba.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me time to learn all the comments, but I honestly loved the blog. It proved to be very advantageous to me and I'm positive to all of the followers here!

Anonymous said...

:)