Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Voice of God

John 10:2-5

Common English Bible (CEB)
The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The guard at the gate opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. Whenever he has gathered all of his sheep, he goes before them and they follow him, because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger but will run away because they don’t know the stranger’s voice.”

I had a great day today. I had a great time with the Lord. I had a wonderful time in prayer. Then I taught tonight. I had a full house. I spoke on hearing God's voice, again. Everyone was receptive and I could tell the Spirit of the living God was flowing through me. The Lord asked me to teach them to hear his voice. The first thing I asked them if they could hear from God. Of course you know all hands went up. I love this crowd though I know they're mostly carnal. I also know God's people have a hard time hearing from him outside of reading their bible. How do I know that?...I have been told by numerous believers. I know someone in the crowd wasn't being truthful. How do I know that? God asked me to teach His people how to hear his voice. Either He's confused or they're lying. I will venture to say they are lying since He's not the author of confusion.

I spoke on their need to get quite before the Lord. Just give him time to respond to their prayers. I asked them to turn off the television and anything that would distract from their time with the Lord. You would have thought I said swear words to them. Some of them come to me or call me and speak about television programs and characters as if I know them or care what is going on with them. I want to shout, "It not real, they're not real and I don't have a clue who you're talking about!" 

I don't. I just listen and respond as politely as possible in my ignorance.

Mainly because I know most of the people in the building look to the television for company. Most are lonely and don't have much family. We have become family to each other. I don't watch television very often. I will have coffee with one woman in the building each morning. I watch until my coffee is gone. I did watch Dancing with the Stars last season, for the first time ever. I watched it to be a friend to one of the women. She's a real sweetie and she's unable to do much because of her physical limitation. I watch television mainly to keep her company when her loneliness overwhelmed her. 

When I do watch television I am somewhat taken aback by what I see. Do we not have ANY censors? 

I was not asking them to throw away their televisions. I just asked them to learn how to discern his voice from the voice of their flesh and the voice of the enemy. I asked them when was the last time they just spent time with Him, just because you love Him. Anyone you love you spend as much time with them as possible. I am totally in love with Him and I have to get past the monkey chatter and clutter of my brain, before I can hear His voice. They're a reason He says to seek Him with our whole hearts. It's can be a struggle to crucify the flesh. However what you feed will grow. I made a choice to feed my spirit man. I still struggle with the little foxes of distractions. The flesh doesn't want to die, and the enemy doesn't want us to hear from our Abba. Our spirit man knows our God. Let feed our spirit the word of God. Lets be still and know that He is God. He wants to be Lord over every area of our lives. Socially, physically, relational, etc. Everything that concerns you. He said in ALL our ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct our path.

After bible study a few of them came up to me and said, "That was some good teaching." 

Wow, I'm scared!

Fearless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this brilliant piece of writing.

Here is my site; szybka pozyczka online

Anonymous said...

:)