Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Missing You

I miss you.
I miss everything about you.
I miss the excitement in your voice, every time you heard mine. I miss the way you called me if to much time had passed since our last conversation. I miss you leaving voice messages saying it's been "way to long" since you talked to me. I miss having you to talk to about "anything". I miss your smile, your voice, your encouragement and your love. I miss your laughter and the shape of your hands. I miss running my hand through the silky texture of your white curls. I miss the gentle kisses on my forehead you always gave. I miss being your baby, I miss being called your baby. I miss the bond we shared that no one else understood. I miss being told what a wonderful daughter I am. I miss you Daddy...I miss you Daddy.

Several times recently I picked up the phone to call you, only to remember you're no longer here; and a whimper inadvertently escapes me. I am missing you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss him, too. All the time. Especially today.

Anonymous said...

I third that, I miss him too.

Gina