Thursday, January 21, 2016

Law Of Kindness

Proverbs 31:26New King James Version (NKJV)

26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

I'm from a family of people that make fun of everything. Nothing is beyond their ability to make a joke out of. They can also be vicious gossips or just plain mean. I have always been too sensitive for this lot. They thought my soft heart was a weakness that needed to be laughed at or at least toughened up.

They have always been meaner to me than anyone else in the family. Lately, it's getting worse. I have a brother and my mom's baby brother who is my age that is really awful. They visit every day. When they visit they cook or eat. They always leave a mess, talk about my cooking, make jokes that I realize aren't funny they are mean. I try to cook enough for my mom to have leftovers. They said she never eats, she always ask me for seconds. I'm not saying that I'm the best cook, but I know that I am a good cook. However, I have never gotten anything from the male in my family but ridicule.

Every time I come to town I realize my brother is angry at me. He says I think I'm the boss over them.What it is is that I stop their foolishness toward my mom and have them help her, paint her home, mow her lawn, clean her basement etc. My one brother is so vicious toward me that he uses social media to express his hatefulness. I love my brother but I have been away from my family so long that I can see them for what they are truly doing. They are users, and verbally abusive. I have a very comical family, but some of them use humor to hurt. He's one of them.

Yesterday, he and I went to the grocery store for my mom. He grabbed the money and walked away before I could get to mom. She asked me to get her money from him because he will spend ten of her dollars on himself. I asked her why she gave it to him. She said he took it when she pulled it out. I knew it was going to be a problem. I told him that I was doing the meal planning and I know what is needed. I could feel the tension. However, I left him no choice. He gave me the money and the list.

On our way in he made a statement about mom not trusting me because of my past drug use. I told him I didn't live in the past and the one thing I don't allow in my life is someone holding me hostage to my past. I'm no longer the person that made mistakes in my twenties. And at my worst I never stole anything from anybody. I told him that she said she can't trust people in her life now, and I hope he's not one of them. I asked him what was his problem with me really because we don't live in a thirty year past. I need to know what I have done to offend him because I never meant to do that and we need to resolve this issue.

I always speak with kindness to my family. My son accused me of, looking and waiting to say something wise to him. I do that because I have to wait until I can get across to him what is needed to be said. I see Abba doing a work on my family. I just sometimes wish I didn't have to fight so hard to get the truth of God's word across to them.

I know I haven't been a perfect person. They don't know if they wanted to bring my imperfection to the surface they really don't have to reach that far back. I do love Abba and I boldly go to His throne of grace. The law of kindness is his law. The word for law in Proverb 31:26 is Torah which is God's teachings. The word for kindness is, Kindness toward God first, goodness, mercy, faithfulness, reproof, etc.

When confronted with his behavior, my brother went on the defensive. I told him, I only came to help. His behavior is making me feel a little bitter toward him. I had to go to God and asked him to give me the grace to walk in love toward my own family. Today all those bad feelings are gone. Abba told me when he sent me back to my family I would be a light. Even Jesus had a problem with his fleshly family and neighbors. He said a prophet is not without honor except in his own household and with his own family. The one thing I am used to is rejection, but so is Jesus.

I prayed and I heard the words of Proverb 31:26. My lesson on opening my mouth with wisdom and my tongue being the law of kindness. It doesn't matter if the unruly tongues of my family spit out bitter words. I have to open mine with wisdom and kindness.

Fearless












No comments: